Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
Lead poisoning can be prevented. The key is to keep children from coming in contact with lead. If children are lead poisoned they must be treated.
Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program:
- Case management of the CHDP all children in Kern County who are lead burdened. and are income eligible or have fee-for-service Medi-Cal;
- Education and continuing support to CHDP Providers through workshops, lead screening/testing and anticipatory guidance on lead poisoning prevention information;
- Capacity to track lead exposure countywide and to monitor the management of lead burdened children;
- Promotion of healthy children and prevention of lead poisoning through health fairs, educational programs for the community, the program’s newsletter Lead Educator and recall news releases;
- Partnerships with government agencies, community-based organizations, and the private sector for the prevention of lead poisoning. For example: Department of Human Services; Medi-Cal Managed Care Plans; School Systems; Head Start Programs; State sponsored Pre-schools; Black Infant Health Coalition; Community Connection for Child Care and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC); and
- Compliance with Federal and State statutory and regulatory requirements.
- California Lead Branch – Information & Resources
- The Blood Lead Test… En & Sp
- Sources of Lead List… En & Sp
- 10 Things Lead ….. English
- 10 Things Lead ….Spanish
- Has your child been treated for stomach ache?… En & Sp
- Lead in Traditional Ceramic Dishware… English | Spanish
- Healthy Eating to Protect Your Kids From Lead Poisoning… En & Sp
- Lead Poisoning and Pregnancy… En & Sp
- Lead in Paint and Dirt Can Hurt Your Child… English | Spanish
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – When Buying a House
- Fact Sheet LEAD Eng Sp
- Lead Swabs Store List – Locations in Kern County… En & S
Are you Protecting your Child from Lead?
- Protect Your Child From Lead
A general guide to sources of lead exposure, symptoms of poisoning and how to prevent lead exposure in children.
Protect Your Child From Lead (PDF)… English | Spanish | Korean | Punjabi (2MB)
Is your Newborn Safe?