The Kern County Solid Waste Program is the Local Enforcement Agency (LEA) for the California Department of Resources, Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle). This division aims to safeguard public health and protect the environment. Kern County LEA’s primary responsibilities are: To oversee the handling, processing, and disposal of non-hazardous solid wastes; monitor vector control issues; monitor odors, litter, gas migration, and solid waste cover at permitted Kern County facilities. Our program also maintains new and revised Solid Waste Facility Permits and completes many permit related tasks and responsibilities.
Local Enforcement Agency
The facilities that we regulate can include private and publicly owned and operated landfills, transfer stations, and composting facilities. This program regulates these facilities under California Code of Regulations: Title 14 and Title 27.
- Solid Waste Environmental Health Permit Application
- LEA Solid Waste Facility Permit Application Form
- LEA Standardized Permit Application Form
- LEA Registration Permit Application Form
- LEA Notification Application Form
- LEA Instruction Guide for a Solid Waste Permit Application
- LEA 45 Day Transfer of Ownership or Operator Form
|California Dept of Resources, Recycling and Recovery||http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov|
|Kern County Public Works Waste Management Division||http://www.kerncountywaste.com|
|City of Bakersfield Public Works, Solid Waste Division||http://www.bakersfieldcity.us/cityservices/pubwrks/solidwaste/index.htm|
|Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board||http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/centralvalley/|