Perinatal Outreach Program
POP’s primary goal is to help pregnant women obtain and continued prenatal care for a healthy pregnancy outcomes.
All services are free of charge
The nurse and public health aides provide home visits, health education and outreach activities by doing the following
- Connecting pregnant mothers to a doctor
- Applying for Medi-Cal
- Applying for WIC
- Locating transportation to doctor appointments, WIC and baby well check appointments.
- Linking families to need community services
Prior to baby’s arrival, they are also able to assist with
- Nutrition information
- Childbirth information
- Connecting your baby to a doctor after birth
- Breastfeeding and Newborn care information
After the baby arrives, they continue your education and assistance with
- Provide a newborn assessment by a nurse
Provide information on well baby physical exams & immunizations
Provide information on infant development ____________________________________________
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SERVICES
Medi-Cal eligible, pregnant women;
Women must be pregnant no later than 36 weeks gestational age;
All ethnicity; and
Reside in the Bakersfield area including Arvin, Lamont, Taft, Shafter Wasco, McFarland and Delano.