Avoid Bare Hand Contact
Avoid bare hand contact with ready-to-eat (RTE) food.
- Deli Tissue
- Dispensing Equipment
- Single-Use Gloves
Single-Use Glove Guidelines
- Glove usage does not replace the need for good hand washing techniques.
- Wash hands before putting on gloves.
- Put gloves on only when you are ready to handle RTE food.
- Use gloves for only one task, such as RTE foods then discard.
- If an interruption occurs, remove gloves, discard, wash hands, and re-apply gloves.
- Gloves must be worn when contacting food and food contact surfaces, if the employee has any cuts, sores, rashes, artificial nails, nail polish, rings, unclean able orthopedic supportive devices, or finger nails that are not clean, neatly trimmed, and smooth.
- Whenever gloves are worn, they shall be changed, replaced, or washed as often as hand washing.
Kern County Environmental Health Division, 2700 M Street, Suite 300, Bakersfield, CA 93301 661-862-8740