Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
The Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program is a Public Health Services program that seeks to eliminate childhood lead poisoning by caring for lead-poisoned children and identifying and eliminating sources of lead exposure. Services provided include nursing case management and environmental investigations for lead poisoned children as well as education to health care providers, communities groups and families. Our efforts are pursuant to California Health and Safety Code Sections 105275-105310 (Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Act of 1991).
Public Health Nurse/Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (661) 321-3000
Lead poisoning can be prevented. The key is to keep children from coming in contact with lead. If children are lead poisoned they must be treated.
Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program:
- Case management of the CHDP all children in Kern County who are lead burdened. and are income eligible or have fee-for-service Medi-Cal;
- Education and continuing support to CHDP Providers through workshops, lead screening/testing and anticipatory guidance on lead poisoning prevention information;
- Capacity to track lead exposure countywide and to monitor the management of lead burdened children;
- Promotion of healthy children and prevention of lead poisoning through health fairs, educational programs for the community, the program’s newsletter Lead Educator and recall news releases;
- Partnerships with government agencies, community-based organizations, and the private sector for the prevention of lead poisoning. For example: Department of Human Services; Medi-Cal Managed Care Plans; School Systems; Head Start Programs; State sponsored Pre-schools; Black Infant Health Coalition; Community Connection for Child Care and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC); and
- Compliance with Federal and State statutory and regulatory requirements.
- California Department of Public Health - Me and My Family
- What is Lead Poisoning?
- Sources of Lead Poisoning?
- Checklist for Lead Sources
- Easy Ways to Protect Your Family from Lead Poisoning English & Spanish
- Home Remodeling Information ... English | Spanish
- CLPPB Folk Remedies ... English | Spanish | Punjabi
- Educational Brochures
State of California
- California Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Branch
- Occupational Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- California Food and Drug Branch
- California Lead-Related Construction Information
- Checklist for Lead Sources
- Lead Sampling in Drinking Water for Individual Homeowners
- National Lead Information Center (NLIC)
- CDC Case Management Appendixes
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- EPA Safe Drinking Water
- S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- The National Center for Lead-Safe Housing
- S. Environmental Protection Agency
- S. Centers for Disease Control/Prevention (CDC)
- Environmental Defense Fund (EDF)
For the Latest Lead Recalls please refer to “U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission” by visiting: www.CPSC.GOV or calling: 1-800-638-2772.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Khmeli Suneli Spice Blends
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Warns Consumers Not to Eat Khmeli Suneli Spice Blends (spices from the country of Georgia) sold at certain stores in Los Angeles County.
January 4, 2019
Boy Scouts of America: Neckerchief Slides
September 26, 2018
Rust-Oleum: Black Satin Countertop Coating
September 5, 2018
BSN Sports LLC: Rubber Critter Toys
August 29, 2018
Base Brands Recalls Water Bottles Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard (Recall Alert)
Name of product: Reduce Hydro Pro water bottles
Hazard: The pink paint on the outside of the bear water bottle contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead paint standard. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.
Remedy: Refund, replace or call CPSC’s Hotline at 800-638-2772
Recall date: April 19, 2018
Units Sold: About 2,000
This recall involves Base Brands children’s Reduce Hydro Pro Furry Friends water bottles. The stainless steel insulated, 14 ounce water bottles were sold in a pack of two bottles: a pink bottle with a character of a bear face and a gray bottle with the character of a lamb head. The recalled water bottles have a removable Reduce, of the bottle.
Sold At: Costco Wholesale stores nationwide and online at www.amazon.com from January 2018 through February 2018 for about $13.
Manufactured In: China
LEAD HAZARDS – Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC)
March 2017, Restoration Hardware Recalls Metal Top Dinning Tables, Active Kyds Recalls Children’s Toy Shovels and Garden Tools, LaRose Industries Recalls Cra-Z-Jewelz Ultimate Gem, GSI Outdoors Recalls Children’s Water Bottles
Gel Spice, Inc., a Bayonne, NJ establishment expands their recall of Fresh Finds Ground Turmeric Powder due to elevated Lead levels. 8.15.16
Attached is a preliminary list of retailers identified as receiving the recalled product. For additional information, please see attached product list and visithttp://dld.bz/eNrmM