Emergency Medical Services
To assure the safety and health of Kern County residents by setting and enforcing standards; providing training, outreach, and education; establishing partnerships; and encouraging continual quality improvement in emergency medical service care.
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) includes the system of services organized to provide rapid response to serious medical emergencies, including immediate medical care and patient transport to definitive care in an appropriate hospital setting. EMS includes:
- Public safety dispatch
- Fire services first response and treatment
- Private ground and air ambulance response, treatment and transport
- Law enforcement agencies
- Hospitals and specialty care centers
- Training institutions and programs for EMS personnel
- Managed care organizations
- Preventative health care
- Citizen and medical advisory groups
Are you submitting paper claims to Kern County’s Emergency Medical Services Fund? Two-thirds of EMS Fund claims are now submitted electronically! Filing your claims electronically provides several advantages over paper claims.
Filing your claims electronically provides several advantages:
- Claims are processed more quickly
- Data entry errors are eliminated
- Notification of coding errors or rejected claims is immediate
- You have a record of all claims that have been submitted and processed
- Administrative costs are reduced, leaving more money to reimburse you for services
Please help us to serve you better. Contact us today at (661) 321-3000 to enroll in the electronic claims process.