What is PrEP? Pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP, is a way for people who do not have HIV but who are at substantial risk of getting it to prevent HIV infection by taking a pill every day.
More resources below:
What is the most important information I should know about TRUVADA for PrEP? Find out here.
What is PEP?
PEP is the use of antiretroviral drugs after a single high-risk event to stop HIV seroconversion. Learn more here.
Call with any questions today at 661-321-3000.
Appointments for STD & HIV testing can be made by calling (661) 321-3000. We offer free HIV rapid testing and accept walk-ins.
If you are concerned you might have been exposed or have a Sexually Transmitted Infection, clinic services for screening of Sexually Transmitted Infections are available at the following location:
Kern County Public Health Clinic
1800 Mt. Vernon Ave
Bakersfield, CA 93306
- Open Monday through Friday
- Appointments are available 8am-11:15am and 12:45 pm – 4:15pm
- Confidentiality is strictly observed for all patients 12 and older
- Walk-ins are accepted, but to reduce wait time please call 661-321-3000 to make an appointment
- We accept Medi-Cal
- Don’t have insurance? You may qualify for Family Pact. Call 661-321-3000 or email us at email@example.com for eligibility questions
Types of Sexually Transmitted Diseases