What You Need to Know About Valley Fever
- If you live, work, play, pass through an area where Valley Fever is found, you are at risk of getting this disease.
- You can lower your chances of getting this disease by learning more about it.
- Valley Fever may cause you to miss weeks or months of work/school.
- The complications from this disease may require you to take medication the rest of your life, and even result in death.
- Persons seeking healthcare that had knowledge about this disease were more likely to receive an earlier diagnosis than those that were unaware of the disease.
- Valley Fever is and will always be in the soil in Kern County.
- You get infected with Valley Fever by breathing in the spores in the air.